Ten Club Park is a small park located in the heart of Waterford along the Fox River. The park is a pleasant spot to relax during shopping and dining excursions in the downtown area and provides another opportunity to enjoy the river.
Ten Club Park was donated to the Village to be preserved as a park for all to enjoy. It was the site of one of Waterford's largest and most active businesses of the day, considered a real department store. Struck down by fire, Waterford's largest, in 1898,destroying the entire stock and building - a total loss. The land was donated to the Village in 1920 by the ten philanthropic business men (hence the name Ten Club). Charter members of the club include Edward Malone, Walter Best, Eugene Patrick, Clint Ellis, Edward Kortendick, E.H. Miller, Will Kinney, Fred Johnson, L.F. Kortendick, and Albert Glueck. Others joined the club later -- R.E. Bennett, B.F. Wiemer, A.B, Krakofsky, H.C. Bergr, G.H. Thompson, Joseph Kepper,Thomas Ensing, Charles Reeseman,AM. Rittma, Frank Rambo, Oliver Noll, G.H. Caley, Irving Foat, Jr., Hubert Miller, Harry Mealy,Charles Confer, Dr. F.A. Malone, Geo.W. Shenkenberg, Henry F. Kempken, W.S. Jones, L.C. Storms, Nic Hauper.
Ten Club Park is undergoing a complete expansion and facilities upgrade beginning in 2021, including suggestions from resident surveys. The new expansion includes 1,100 feet of currently undeveloped river front park space. Future improvements include a permanent overhead structure to house the ice rink, concession stand with built in sledding hill, play stream, multiple different playgrounds for different age groups, Riverwalk pathing, Beer Garden and other small touches such as firepits and various seating options. See below for the latest renderings for concept of the new park.