Absentee Voting

Absentee Ballots

If you are unable to get to the polls on election day, you can request an absentee ballot or stop at Village Hall prior to the election to vote absentee. The last day to vote absentee in person is the Friday prior to the election. The ballots are generally at Village Hall a couple weeks prior to the election.

If you are not already registered, you will need to register to vote before an absentee ballot can be sent to you.

An absentee elector is any otherwise qualified elector who, for any reason, is unable or unwilling to appear at the polling place in his or her ward. And otherwise qualified elector who changes residence with this state by moving to a different ward or municipality later than 28 days to an election may vote an absentee ballot in the ward or municipality where he or she was qualified to vote before moving.


Absentee ballot applications are accepted until the Thursday prior to the election at 5 p.m. by mail, fax or email.  Residents may vote absentee at Village Hall until the Friday prior to the election at 5 p.m.  Any requests for ballots to be mailed should allow enough time for mail transit. Staff cannot allow a ballot to leave the building unless it is being mailed.


Any qualified absentee elector may make written application to the municipal clerk for an official ballot by one of the following methods:
    1.  In person at the office of the Village Clerk.
    2.  By mail, email or fax to the Village Clerk.
    3.  By signing a statement delivered to the Village Clerk indicating the elector is indefinitely confined because of age, 
         physical illness or infirmity, or is disabled for an indefinite period.
    4.  Any elector who is registered and who is hospitalized may apply for and obtain and official ballot by agent.
    5.  By a resident of a nursing home, qualified retirement home, or qualified community-residential facility delivering an
         absentee application to the city clerk.
  Click here to view and print the Wisconsin Application for Absentee Ballot  (EL-121)