Place items only in green recycling container. Additional 96 gallon carts are available through Johns Disposal Service, Inc. at 888-473-4701 for an annual fee of $60. All of the following items belong in 1 recycling container:
- Paper and Cardboard: Do not bundle or bag any papers or cardboard. Place all paper and cardboard loose into the container. Acceptable paper includes:
- Boxboard (Cereal / Cake / Soda / Cookie Boxes)
- Clean Pizza Boxes Cardboard (Wax or plastic coated boxes must be clean)
- File Folders
- Junk Mail
- Newspaper Inserts
- Phone Books
- Shredded paper - Place in a clear plastic bag and then place bag in GREEN recycling cart.
- Plastics: Household plastic containers marked number 1 through number 7, number blue PVC water bottles, or plastic bags and rinse the container clean. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Aluminum: Cans, foil, pie plates, or pop-tops.
- Glass Containers: This includes household food jars, bottles, and caps. We do not accept ceramics, dishes, light bulbs, window or mirror glass. Rinse the container clean. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Tin or Bi-Metal Containers: Rinse the container clean. Labels do not need to be removed.
- Empty Aerosol Containers: Container must be empty. Labels do not need to be removed. Any empty aerosol container may be recycled (including paints, pesticides, and so forth).